Waldon, CA Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers
Over 500,000 people are victims of elder abuse each year in the United States. Vulnerable Waldon, CA seniors frequently lack the ability to communicate that they are being abused or remain silent out of fear. Seniors deserve to age with dignity and grace. Sadly, this is often not the case. The Cartwright Law Firm Inc.‘s team of Waldon, CA Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers aggressively fights to ensure that elderly and disabled persons get the care that they deserve and hold abusers accountable for their despicable acts. In addition to the Bay Area, we have offices in Waldon, CA. Call us to schedule a free consultation at 415-840-8489.
One of every five senior citizens will be a victim of elder abuse in their lifetimes. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has classified six types of abuse:
- Physical abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Financial abuse
If you are aware of or suspect any of the abuse listed above, a thorough investigation must be conducted. Contact our team of Waldon, CA Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers today for a free initial case evaluation.
The California Legislature has created powerful legal protections to combat this rampant abuse. Seniors and disabled persons can recover punitive, pain and suffering, and economic damages when their perpetrator’s abuse rises to the level of recklessness, fraud, or malice.
How To Spot Signs Of Physical Elder Abuse Or Neglect In Skilled Nursing Waldon, CA Facilities
Two of every five seniors will need long-term care in a skilled nursing facility during their lifetime. The below are red flags of physical abuse or neglect:
- Development or worsening of pressure ulcers
- Excessive weight loss
- Injuries from falls
- Unusual or recurring scratches, bruises, skin tears or welts
- Bilateral bruising (bruises on opposite sides of the body)
- “Wrap around” bruises (bruises that typically encircle the arm)
- Torn, stained, or bloody underclothing
- Signs of excessive drugging
- Foul smelling, uncombed, or matted hair
- Injuries that are incompatible with explanations
- Injuries caused by biting, pinching, or twisting of limbs
Five of the most common complaints against Waldon, CA nursing homes are:
- Insufficient staffing to provide proper care
- Not responding to residents’ requests or needs in a timely manner.
- Staff’s failure to respond to justified complaints by patients and family members.
- Retaliation by staff after complaints are made.
- Staff’s lack of training or ability to identify a change in residents’ condition or the signs leading to serious illness.
Sadly, Waldon family members must fight to get the proper care their loved ones deserve because nursing homes are underfunded and understaffed to properly care for their patients.
If any of these red flags are present, a thorough investigation needs to be done. Contact The Cartwright Law Firm Inc. today at 415-840-8489. Our team of Waldon, CA Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers will hold abusers accountable for their actions.